Reports to: General Manager
- Our priority is servicing the clients that are in our center by greeting everyone who enters and offering assistance (i.e., clients on the phone should be asked to hold while you greet a client that enters or ask for a number & call back the client on the phone). Attempt to call clients by their first names and acknowledge their dog by name too. Thank them for doing business with us and encourage them to return
- Telephone calls should be answered promptly with the Company greeting, your
name and an offer of assistance. Calls for management should be screened,
and announced – not just put through. If the person being called is not in, create
a ticket on zendesk complete adding date, time of call, phone number and the complete message. Check zendesk and hangouts frequently for missed calls or messages and respond promptly.
- Show appreciation to our clients for visiting and encourage them to use our services. Explain our focus on pet wellness and quality care provided in all our services.
- Utilise friendly sales techniques to upsell clients on additional service and products that will benefit their pets.
- Work with dissatisfied clients in an effort to resolve issue to retain clients.
- Give tours of the facility to potential customers and answer questions regarding our services, policies and procedures. Explain our focus on pet activities, wellness and quality care provided in all our services.
- Coordinate with Dog Care Team staff when opening or closing to ensure proper pet
care and client communication for early pet drop-offs & late pick-ups.
Reservations & Invoice Processing
- Maintain reservation booking system. ( the system we use is called Gingr)
- Send out payment request links and process payments received in person
- Add payments received by Bacs or stripe
- Process invoices as described in the Invoice Processing procedures.
- Balance finances daily
Pet Check-in Processing
- At check-in confirm current client contact information & care instructions for pet
for all services to be provided. It is critical to accuracy in billing and pet care that
all pets and services are entered 100% correct in Gingr. Check pets in as they arrive.
- Ensure that agreements are signed .
- Daycare – confirm pick-up time and add lunch if applicable.
- Lodging – complete inventory and labeling of belongings, feeding and medication instructions as per procedure.
- Training – confirm training department has instructions or meets with client at
arrival. If not available, get a phone number where they can be reached today.
Processing Check in paperwork & expired vaccinations
- Processing check in accurately & timely .
- Monitoring, following-up and documenting pet vaccinations in accordance to procedures is a high priority of the position.
- Assist clients in sale of retail inventory.
- Input retail quantities into point of sale system as inventory is added, price and display
- Restock items from storage as needed.
- Keep inventory stock clean, neat and pulled to front of shelving.
- Prepare pet taxi sheets for dogs being collected and delivered.
- Monitor debtors report weekly and make collection calls to keep report to minimum.
- Advise General Manager when any pending bill exceeds 14 days past check out date.
- Send out e mails requesting customer reviews
- Respond to zendesk tickets and e mails in a timely manner
- Clean Reception at the end of each shift.
Other duties as assigned
The person we are looking for will have good communication skills along with a naturally friendly disposition, with the ability to make our customers feel welcome as soon as they enter the Reception area. You will have a love for dogs and will be happy to greet them with cuddles, giving treats etc. Owners will often want reassurance when leaving their dogs so a natural ability to empathise is a bonus in this role. Other skills required are strong organisation and work planning skills, a professional telephone manner, a medium level of I.T literacy and being able to work as part of a busy team.
There are no current vacancies.
To keep updated as we add new vacancies or roles just give us your email address here.