Play Group Supervisor
Reports to: General Manager
- Assess and assign dogs to appropriate play group based on personality, play style & size and ensure proper dog introduction procedures are followed
- Monitor dog interaction throughout shift watching for stress signs & adjust playgroups as needed
- Interact with dogs in playgroups using appropriate toys and tools to ensure safe levels of play and minimizing stress levels of all dogs in playgroup.
- Maintain visual observation of dogs at all times and spread attention and play among all dogs in playgroup. Ensure that company policies regarding the number of dogs allowed in a playgroup are strictly adhered to.
- Control level of play by following dog management and control procedures and instructions provided by Dog Care Team Leader, Trainers and Manager.
- Monitor dog correction methods used by staff & assist when needed to make sure they are carried out properly, Using appropriate praise and dog redirection methods.
- Ensure you know all dogs in playgroup and can properly identify them. If not, request assistance from Dog Care Team Leader.
- Watch all new dogs carefully and immediately consult with Dog Care Team Leader if you have concerns. For all dogs in playgroup; report any unusual behavior, or eliminations and injuries to the Dog Care Team Leader immediately.
- Review special needs and manage dogs as instructed.
- Complete basic daily health checks
- Ensure staff that relieve you for a break or shift change know all dogs in the group, the special needs dog status and any unusual behaviors or concerns you have been managing during your shift. If the next shift staff is not available, update the Dog Care Team Leader before leaving.
- Ensure all enrichment sessions and additional extra activity sessions purchased by the owners takes place.
- Complete dog incident reports timely when required. If you are not sure whether a report is required check with Dog Care Team Leader
- Look for ways to promote the company by creating and posting daily pictures of the guests enjoying their day to Facebook, Google My Business and Instagram.
- Interact with owners and other customers in a friendly way. Always smile and make eye contact greeting them with a friendly “Good Morning or Good Afternoon” Take advantage of any opportunity to encourage owners to leave a review.
This is a very responsible hands-on role . You will need to have a recognised animal care or behaviour qualification. We require at least one to two years experience of working hands-on with dogs of all sizes in a busy daycare or dog boarding environment, where dogs play together off the lead.
If you are a self-motivated, independent worker but also have the ability to work in a team environment, have good decision and problem-solving skills along with good organization and planning skills you could be just the person we are looking for.
If you want to make a career in the dog care industry and feel you meet our requirements then we would love to hear from you. We currently have an opening for this role at our Esher facility.
We are currently recruiting for this role at:
How to Apply:
You can apply online by completing our simple online form:
To keep updated as we add new vacancies or roles just give us your email address here.