Dog Care Assistant
Reports to: Dog Care Team Leader
- Clean and maintain each room to ensure that the dog’s room is clean and dry. That each dog has a bed of the appropriate size, dry clean bedding and water at all times. Visually check each room daily for potential hazards and advise team leader if anything is found.
- Be proactive to ensure no customer will ever see poo on the premises that has been there for longer than 30 minutes.
- Ensure that all dogs sleeping area is maintained at a temperature of between 10-25 degrees by administering the correct heating and ventilation system. Maintain a daily log of temperatures.
- Carry out daily checks to ensure health and welfare are maintained.
- Feed our guests as advised by the owners ensuring the correct brands and quantities are fed to maintain the dog’s weight . Dispense treats that have been supplied by the parents .
- Bath or groom dogs before they leave to ensure that dogs do not leave smelling or dirty.
- Weigh each dog an arrival , weekly and on departure and update the weights onto Gingr. Notice and advise Dog Care Team Leader of any weight losses or abnormalities.
- Notice the health of each guest by keeping a close eye on their behaviour and appearance.
- Administer any required medications according to instructions on Gingr
- Ensure all dogs are in the correct room allocated on Gingr and have a run card.
- Report supplies needed to Coordinator prior to running completely out of item.
Activities and Playgroups
- Interact with dogs in playgroups using appropriate toys and tools to ensure safe levels of play and minimizing stress levels of all dogs in playgroup.
- Maintain visual observation of dogs at all times and spread attention and play among all dogs in playgroup. Ensure that company policies regarding the number of dogs allowed in a play group are strictly adhered to.
- Control level of play by following dog management and control procedures and instructions provided by Dog Care Team Leader, and Trainers.
- Use proper dog handling techniques including use of kennel leads to transfer Dogs.
- Use proper dog introduction procedures. Ensure Dog Trainers are present to introduce BMP dogs on their first visit to a play group.
- Use appropriate praise and dog redirection methods.
- Ensure you know all dogs in playgroup and can properly identify them. If not, request assistance from Dog Care Team Leader.
- Watch all new dogs carefully and immediately consult with Dog Care Team Leader if you have concerns. For all dogs in playgroup; report any unusual behaviour, or eliminations and injuries to the Dog Care Team Leader immediately.
- Review special needs and manage dogs as instructed.
- Ensure staff that relieve you for break or shift change know all dogs in group, the special needs dog status and any unusual behaviours or concerns you have been managing during your shift. If the next shift staff is not available, update the Dog Care Team Leader before leaving.
- Complete dog incident reports timely when required. If you are not sure whether a report is required check with Dog Care Team Leader
- Ensure all guests belongings are clean and ready for collection on departure day.
- Create and post daily pictures of the guests enjoying their day to Facebook and Instagram, and also to give owners peace of mind.
- Interact with owners and other customer in a friendly way. Always smile and make eye contact greeting them with a friendly “Good Morning or Good Afternoon” Take advantage of any opportunity to encourage owners to leave a review .
Other duties in relation to the care and welfare of the dogs in our care as assigned.
The person who applies for this position must have a genuine love for hanging out with dogs and be willing to put their care and welfare first. The person who we want will understand that dogs need to be cared for 365 day a year , whatever the weather, whatever else is happening. If you are dedicated, reliable, caring, responsible, can follow instructions and are willing to commit to putting our guests first, and you want to develop a career in dog care then you may just be the type pf person we are looking for. If you have experience in a residential dog care environment it may be an advantage.
There are no current vacancies.
To keep updated as we add new vacancies or roles just give us your email address here.